An Awesome 5* Cruise Line Rotational Captain - Chief Engineer Assistant
at Excite Recruitment in Worldwide
An Awesome 5* Cruise Line Rotational Captain / Chief Engineer Assistant Role Starting Soon!
Location: A 5* Cruise Liner…LUSH!, Cruise Ships / Offshore
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: $2248US TAX FREE per month worked
Good day to you and I hope you are well and having a great week.
I am delighted to share with you a brilliant new opportunity which is simply fabulous. It’s so great, I didn’t want you to miss out…I hope you don’t mind sharing the opening.
Here are the exciting details:
• Role: Rotational Captain & Chief Engineer Assistant
• Salary: $2248US per month worked
• Company: A magnificent 5* Cruise Line company sailing worldwide
• Contract: 4 months on and 2 months off
• Berthing: Shared cabin with one other
• Flights: Provided free! • Visa: Preferable you have a US C1D valid at least until December 2012 (not a deal breaker if you don’t)
• Location: You will most probably be in the UK currently…but if not, we can consider a Skype interview
• Start date: 9th December 2012
• Where are you?: Please ensure you state where you are when replying to me (land-based / shipboard) thanks very much
• JD: Full JD on application
• Medical: You will be required to fund a shipboard medical
The Super Company
This is a 5* company with a number of ships in their fleet. They sail worldwide and offer exceptional guest experiences to all those whom sail on-board.
The Brilliant Role Overview Working 2 months as the Captain’s assistant and then 2 months as Chief Engineer’s assistant. Here are the responsibilities:
• Administers Office operation and provides clerical support to Master, Staff Captain, Chief Engineer, Staff Chief Engineer, Chief Electrical Engineer, Ship\‘s Services Manager and other Technical staff as required.
• Ensuring total confidentiality at all times.
• Co-ordination of meetings and distribution of minutes onboard and shoreside (HSHE Meetings, SMT Meetings, Crew Welfare Meetings, Executive Meetings)
• Production and distribution of Voyage Routine.
• Organisation and attendance of social functions, including co-hosting Captain’s Table
• Distribution of the Master’s Cruise Report per voyage.
• Correspondence with Guests.
• Bridge Secretary during Crew Drills
• Bridge visits for guests
• Maintains the department filing system, drawings and manuals archive and Records archives.
• Maintains supplies of specialist department stationary and general office stationary and office supplies. Maintains records of all Technical Department Certificates, qualifications and training records.
• Routinely updates department administrative instructions and information, e.g. Watch Lists, Muster Lists, Emergency Groups, Accommodation Lists, Responsibility assignments, contact lists, etc.
• Keeps department Notice Boards up to date.
• Makes out and distributes Work Orders for repairs and/or services from Manufacturers, General Contractors, Class, and other service providers. • Co-ordinates and assembles weekly records of all Technical Department orders and expenditure for financial controls, and updates cost estimates with actual costs when invoices are received.
• Administers the induction of new crew and the induction and husbandry arrangements of contractors\’ personnel sailing with the vessel on Technical department business.
• Emergency Duties as set out in the Ship’s Muster List • Is aware of all applicable environmental regulations and assists with maintaining required records, Statements and Declarations.
• …and more.
You The Super Professional
You will already have worked as a Captain / Chief Engineers Assistant / Secretary and be understanding of what this role entails. You will probably have worked already on a 4-5* vessel. You will be available to start by the 9th December and preferably with a valid C1D visa. If you have your STCW certificates already, then this will be a bonus too. Your work ethic will be brilliant and your attention to detail fabulous. You will be a whizz at Microsoft Office and able to multi-task with ease. You can type really well (touch type would be best) and experienced at being part of confidential meetings. You won’t be a gossip and able to keep details of scenarios very P&C. You will speak, read, type and write fluent English and other languages will be beneficial too. Do remember if you apply for this role, the way your CV is presented is a reflection on you for this job…which is all about formatting, presentation of documents and high attention to detail! Please ensure your Skype ID is clearly listed on your resume / CV thanks. Hope to hear from you soon.
If this really great opportunity is for you and you match the requested work history and background for the role, please send me your up to date and professional CV.
Kindly ensure it has all of your contact details clearly listed with the correct telephone numbers on too! I am here to help should you have any questions and I look forward to supporting your application.
Should you need to contact me at any time, please feel free.
Phone Line: +44 (0) 1189 345 900
Mobile: +44 (0) 7 888 999 091
Email: Email: HIDDEN LINK - PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER
Fax: +44 (0) 870 912 4292
About scam jobs
Note: Never pay, transfer, or wire money for any job opportunity
Recent jobs at Excite Recruitment