Are you a well-rounded, qualified Marine Master with a background in the mining industry and experience with safety management and the training of employees?
If this describes your career path, then this position could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A client of ours is currently seeking a qualified Marine Master to oversee the operation of their vessels in Mozambique.
- The successful incumbent will be responsible for implementing and complying with safety and local environmental policies as well as performing any required management and training of employees.
- The master will be responsible for the safe navigation, safe operation and safe manoeuvring of the various vessels operated by the company.
- Ensure safe cargo operations of the vessels.
- Responsible for scheduling regular shipboard drill and exercises according to the SOLAS requirements and company standards.
- The Master is the chairman of the Ship Management and Safety Team.
- Ensure on-going shipboard training and crew motivation.
- Ensure the vessels are seaworthy and report any deficiencies to the local marine department.
- Maintain monthly accounts as per the marine department requirements.
- The Master is required to stand watches as officer of the watch.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Degree in Marine Engineering or an equivalent qualification.
- STCW 95 certified.
- Portuguese communication skills are essential.
- Good ship handling skills / coordination.
- Extensive experience on sea-going vessels.
- Experience with marine machinery.
- 6 years’ experience at sea.
- Certificate of competency STCW II/2.
- Extensive knowledge of Standard Marine Vocabulary.
- Mozambican nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Experience mentoring and training and subordinates.