CITY / AREA / REGION: Boston, MA (Middleton)
The CSL Group Inc. (“CSL”) of Montreal, Canada is a world-leading provider of marine dry bulk cargo handling and delivery services. Through its major operating divisions, Canada Steamship Lines, CSL Americas, CSL Australia, CSL Asia and CSL Europe, CSL owns and operates a highly diversified fleet of specialized self-unloading vessels, off-shore transshippers and Handysize bulk carriers, and delivers more than 78 million tonnes of cargo to industrial customers annually. CSL's history can be traced back to 1845.
At CSL, we are committed to the wellbeing of our crews and employees, and to promoting a corporate culture that values high ethical standards, a safe and healthy workplace and respect for the environment. A career with CSL is both stimulating and challenging, and we are continually seeking skilled and passionate individuals to occupy key roles throughout our company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calculate rates and provide details to manager for approval before offer is submitted to customers.
- Assist in preparing rate indications as well as active involvement in COA preparation / review / amendments.
- Prepare recaps for spot business.
- Follow-up with customers for signature on agreed contracts.
- Analysis of existing business in order to optimize return to CSL.
- Support Vancouver office with rate analysis and indications to customers.
- Supports Business Development Director with new business analysis and research as requested.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Some travel outside to be expected to visit customers, vessels or Montreal and Vancouver offices.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business
- Study or experience in international trade would be an asset
- Positive attitude
- Customer-focused and general business acumen
- Accurate, attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft office and basic computer skills
- Ability to collaborate closely with other parts of the organization or with organizations external to the company
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self directed, results oriented and having the ability to respond to inquiries from multiple sources
This is a full time, salaried position. CSL offers a competitive salary, employee bonus program and comprehensive benefits package. Interested and qualified candidates may apply below. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job added by The CSL Group Inc. (CSL)