The CSL Group Inc. (“CSL”) of Montreal, Canada is a world-leading provider of marine dry bulk cargo handling and delivery services. Through its major operating divisions, Canada Steamship Lines, CSL Americas, CSL Australia, CSL Asia and CSL Europe, CSL owns and operates a highly diversified fleet of specialized self-unloading vessels, off-shore transshippers and Handysize bulk carriers, and delivers more than 78 million tonnes of cargo to industrial customers annually. CSL's history can be traced back to 1845.
CITY / AREA / REGION: Montreal, Quebec
At CSL, we are committed to the wellbeing of our crews and employees, and to promoting a corporate culture that values high ethical standards, a safe and healthy workplace and respect for the environment. A career with CSL is both stimulating and challenging, and we are continually seeking skilled and passionate individuals to occupy key roles throughout our company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and implementing rotation schedules of ship personnel in accordance with CSL’s procedures, agreed terms and conditions of employment, specified experience and qualification requirements, the collective agreements and Transport Canada regulations while adhering to budget
- Acting as a subject matter expert on the collective agreements, assisting both ships and shore personnel with interpretation and ensuring compliance
- Liaising with unions on shipboard personnel issues and management of collective agreements
- Consultation with internal customers on crewing matters
- Provide support and assistance to shipboard senior management in the implementation of the collective agreement, safety and onboard management
- Provide HR support to crew members for any question regarding insurances, medical, discipline and payroll
- Responsible for accurate and up-to-date records of shipboard personnel
- Work in collaboration with shipboard and shore based groups in the implementation of CSL’s safety culture
- Responding to and dealing with crew related emergencies after hours and on weekends on a rotational basis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of two years of experience in crew logistics
- Experience in an unionized environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Experience in a transportation industry, an asset
- Experience in HR, an asset
- Experience with CSST and WSIB, an asset
- Excellent teamwork
- Ability to work in a fast, dynamic environment
- Ability to deal with multi-task workload
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in French and English, verbal and written
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ethical and accountable
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated and autonomous
- Flexible, available, and positive
This is a full time, salaried position. CSL offers a competitive salary, employee bonus program and comprehensive benefits package. Interested and qualified candidates may apply below. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CSL operates a highly diversified fleet of dry bulk cargo handling vessels that includes several types of self-unloaders, transhippers and gearless bulkers. Thanks to the size and versatility of our fleet, we have the capability and flexibility to match the right vessel to the specific needs of each customer. The complete range of CSL self-unloading and transhipment solutions is available to customers worldwide.
CSL owns and manages a diversified fleet of vessels, ranging from the latest-generation of self-unloaders to purpose-built transhippers.
Job added by The CSL Group Inc. (CSL)