BW Offshore is a leading global provider of floating production services to the oil and gas industry, with an operating fleet of 16 FPSOs and one FSO. The company has an excellent track record on project execution and operations, with more than 30 years of experience. The company is represented in the major oil regions world-wide, with presence across Asia Pacific, Americas, Europe and West Africa. BW Offshore is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and is part of the BW Group, one of the world’s largest maritime groups.
Offshore Installation Manager
BW Offshore is recruiting Mechanical Technicians for the Catcher Project. Employment will start in Singapore and the UK and extend into operations in the UK North Sea.
The Catcher FPSO is due to start production about 170 km southeast of Aberdeen. It will be supported from the Base Office in Aberdeen.
Pre-Operations (Yard) Phase Activities
- Perform the function of OIM taking responsibility and leadership for all crew activities.
- Familiarize with the technical systems of the FPSO.
- Give technical input to the project as needed.
- Participate in Three Party walks and give input to punch lists.
- Take over systems from Commissioning.
- Prepare for sail away.
Operations (Offshore) Phase, a summary of Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safety of persons on board, for the seaworthiness and safe operation of the Unit (including the area within its safety zone), its cargo and/or other third party interests and for the prevention of pollution, in accordance with national, regional and international laws, rules and regulations as well as the provisions stated in the Company Management System.
- Leader and Company Representative on board the Unit. The OIM has the ultimate responsibility and overriding authority and is fully authorized to make and implement all necessary decisions.
- Responsible for operating the Unit according to the Contract between the Company and the Client. The OIM shall cooperate with the Client's Representative in order to ensure the safe and efficient production of hydrocarbons within the given design parameters.
- Empowered to represent and bind the Company in matters pertaining to the safety of the Unit.
- Responsible for providing daily report to onshore management and responsible for reporting any incidents to onshore management.
- Responsible to ensure onboard compliance with relevant rules and regulations, i.e. Flag, Class, national and international etc. and responsible for implementing, verifying and reviewing the Company's policies through the provisions stated in the Company Management System.
- Responsible to control and update all documentation and certification of the Unit, associated with the Class and Flag authority as per IMO regulations.
- Responsible for training and competency assessment and verification and performance evaluation of subordinates.
- Responsible for shaping a healthy corporate culture on board, proactively ensuring communication and maintaining a positive working environment.
- Prepare budget and control expenditure.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Safety Case.
- In the yard phase in Singapore rotation will be a 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off. Occasional ad hoc travels may be required in order to attend training courses etc.
- In the Operations phase offshore UK Continental Shelf rotation will be 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off.
- Ideally a minimum of ten years of relevant experience from the Oil and Gas industry.
- Ideally a minimum of five years of as OIM on board an FPSO.
- Offshore managerial experience from the UK sector of the North Sea is essential.
- The candidate should ideally possess an HND or bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Commensurate experience and demonstrable industry competence may be used as a substitute for formal qualifications.
- Fluent oral and written English.
- Good computer skills.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ordinarily resident in the EU or EEC with the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Job type: Permanent
Working hours: Full-time
Working days: Shift
Application deadline: this month
Contacts: Simen Asak Ruud
Job added by BW Offshore Norway AS