at TUI Travel PLC in Mediterranean
Founded in 1974, Sunsail is the largest sailing and watersports company with over 800 yachts in 30 locations worldwide, including the Caribbean, Europe, Pacific and Indian Ocean. We have the most modern fleet in the industry and offer a wide range of water-based holidays, including flotilla holidays, bareboat or skippered yacht charter, watersports club holidays, sailing schools, corporate & hospitality events and most recently we have added Sunsail Racing.
We are currently recruiting for both bareboat and flotilla Skippers for summer 2012. Positions are available from April to November for our locations across the Mediterranean. You would need to be available until the end of the season in November.
In order to apply you need to hold a UK National Insurance number, a UK bank account and UK address.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1 All yacht preparation on turnaround days
3. Greeting clients and assisting with boarding.
4. Sharing knowledge of local area
5. Advising on sailing questions
6. Assisting with the organisation of group meals, BBQ’s and punch parties.
7. Regular checks on equipment and specifically Safety Equipment.
8. Any other duties as directed by the Base Manager.
1. Safety of all clients throughout the week
2. Presentation and maintenance of yachts
3. Full first day briefing to entire flotilla
4. Daily briefings to clients on route and weather information
5. Safe mooring of all yachts each day
6. Writing weekly reports on the flotilla.
7. Assisting the lead crew with all aspects of running the flotilla
8. Socialising with guests.
9. Day to Day running repairs and assistance to break downs or call outs.
1. Deliveries, call outs and maintenance
2. Skippering charters of up to 9 clients at a time
3. Socialising with guests
4. Base support when not on charter
5. Briefing clients on safety and yacht systems.
Main duties will centre around the yachts, the base and ports of call. Working hours vary and you MUST be flexible to cover operational requirements.
. RYA Offshore Yacht Master with Commercial Endorsement or equivalent
. Ability to work under pressure and make difficult decisions
. Experience in a customer focused environment
. Socialable and positive personality
As part of the TUI Travel group, we can offer year round placement opportunities within TUI, including The Moorings, Crystal Ski and many other activity companies. Further details can be found on the TUI Travel website.
- Competitive Salary – End of Season Bonus – Paid Holiday – Accommodation – Flights to and from resort to the UK – Uniform – Friends and Family Discounted Holidays – Discount on RYA Courses for returning members of staff
About scam jobs
Note: Never pay, transfer, or wire money for any job opportunity