For the Junior Superintendent role we are looking for an individual who already has a relevant qualification or previous experience in a similar role, and is looking to grow their career as a Superintendent. Reporting to the Business Sector Manager, you’ll need to be keen to learn, with a strong technical aptitude.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a secondary vocational working level and intellectual ability.
- A degree in a relevant subject relating to this position.
- Full driving licence
- Knowledge of Office software
- English language (written and spoken)
- Basic knowledge of the techniques and work processes used
- Interest in and possible practical experience gained during projects relating to some of the following areas:
- a) Dredging equipment and/or auxiliary (marine) equipment.
- b) Tone dumping, bank protection, bed protection, currents and tides, jetties and groynes or
- c) Hopper work, cutter work, backhoes, clamshells, grabs, dumping, environmental dredging, small-scale dredging or
- d) Pipes and ducts, landfalls and outfalls.
Main duties/areas of activity will include:
- Making arrangements for the project to ensure proper execution
- Informing the relevant employees about their work assignment
- Assisting in checking details and dimensions
- Ensuring that the necessary materials are available and the equipment is supplied on time
- Following up production and checking work for proper execution and quality. -
- For example, determining the position of a cutter suction hopper dredger, checking the dredging depth, etc
- Informing the direct Supervisor about the progress of the work assigned
- Noting technical, organisational and staffing problems and deviations and reporting them to the direct Supervisor, if possible/desirable, solving them independently
- Keeping a site logbook of work completed and materials used, including staff and machinery timesheets and gas oil and stone consumption
- Monitoring HSE matters
- Learning the Superintendent’s project-related tasks so as to be capable of substituting in his or her absence
- Undertaking further training within Boskalis to further career within the business
Founded in 1933, Boskalis Westminster is one of the most experienced dredging and marine contracting companies in the UK. Along with our group subsidiaries, we have the capability to undertake any type of dredging and marine construction work including coastal, seabed protection, immersed tube tunnel construction, offshore services, rock and breakwater construction, environmental projects, marine drilling and blasting, port and waterway engineering and pipeline installation
We are a growing and vibrant organisation offering excellent benefits and employment conditions. We are committed to your individual career development and are proud to be able to offer a range of exciting projects as well as a variety of career directions for all our staff. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
For further information, please contact:
Job added by Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V.