MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC., is a world-class engineering, fabrication, project management and marine installation contractor. We’ve been providing services to the global offshore oil & gas industry for more than 50 years. Our projects range from deep water subsea facilities to the largest and most complex oil & gas production systems in the world. With operations in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, McDermott provides a world of experience.
Work Rotation: 42 Days On/42 Days Off
Term of Employment: Approximately 6 months, with the possibility of extension
- Wearing, inspecting and caring for required personal protective equipment
- Responsible to organize day to day work on deck.
- Responsible to see that regular maintenance to manufacturer’s specifications are performed on deck equipment and crane.
- Responsible to ensure that correct PPE is in use by personnel under his authority
- Proficient in all rigging operations
- Proficient in the maintenance of deck equipment Carry out duties and responsibilities as laid down in the Shipboard Oil Pollution Emergency Plan (SOPEP)
- To be familiar with all Company procedures, including the Safety Management System, applicable to his duties
- Responsible for refusing unsafe work and for carrying out all work in accordance with the established safety standards and work practices
- Taking part in emergency and occupational onboard training such as, the use of self contained breathing apparatus, fire fighting, man overboard exercises, lifeboat launching, security drills and/or other training as applicable for the function
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
· Subsea construction experience (preferred)
· STCW95 Reg. II/4 – Rating Forming Part of a Navigation Watch (Preferred) or
· STCW95 Reg. II/5 – Able Seafarer Deck
· Valid STCW Reg. IV/2-1 – Survival Craft Certificate
· Valid STCW Reg. VI/2-2 – Fast Rescue Craft (preferred)
· Helicopter Fire Fighting Training (preferred)
· Valid STCW Endorsed Seafarer’s Medical
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job added by McDermott Houston