MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC., is a world-class engineering, fabrication, project management and marine installation contractor. We’ve been providing services to the global offshore oil & gas industry for more than 50 years. Our projects range from deep water subsea facilities to the largest and most complex oil & gas production systems in the world. With operations in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, McDermott provides a world of experience.
- · Responsible for refusing unsafe work and for carrying out all work in accordance with the established safety and work practices.
- · Responsible for following all company policies and procedures, and ensuring all subordinates do also.
- · Responsible for wearing, inspecting, caring for and replacing required personal protective equipment, and ensuring all subordinates do likewise.
- · Responsible for planning and coordinating the electronics, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic engineering concerned with day-to-day maintenance of the barge (or vessel) and use of its associated engine room equipment, such as:-
- - HVAC equipment
- - Generating equipment
- - Main & Deck cranes
- - Water treatment plant
- - Pumping equipment
- - Refrigeration plant
- - Hydraulics
- - Support equipment, etc.
- - Anchor Winches
- - Tension Machine
- - A & R Winch
- - Safety systems
- - Emergency response equipment
- · Updating spares inventory requirements and ensuring the necessary material, equipment and consumables are ordered and obtained with minimal delay.
- · Ensuring all necessary documentation, records, reports and data are collated and appropriately filed in preparation for review by the Third Party Authority.
- · Ensuring the update of the Preventive Maintenance Programme and adhering to the scheduled maintenance.
- · Keeping the E & M Department advised of all machinery downtime and remedial actions taken.
- · In the event of an Emergency, coordinating the Below Deck Emergency Teams as instructed by the Superintendent and as detailed in the Emergency Procedures.
- · Using TRA cards and toolbox meetings to eliminate unsafe acts and reduce frequency and number of injuries.
- · To maintain and safeguard the mandatory publications to be kept on the barge as per the approved list.
- · Ensuring housekeeping within the machinery spaces is safe and tidy.
- · Ensuring portable tools and equipment are tracked, inspected and fit for continued use.
- · Ensuring material safety data sheets are available for all chemicals onboard and available for use near where the chemicals are stored or used.
- · Maintaining all waste logs i.e. oil, trash etc., in accordance with procedures and regulations.
- · Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Vessel Superintendent in charge of the respective vessel he is stationed on
- Minimum of 5 years experience as First Engineer on any Derrick/Lay Barge.
- Mechanical Engineering Certificate
- 2-3 Years supervisory experience
Job added by McDermott Houston