MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC., is a world-class engineering, fabrication, project management and marine installation contractor. We’ve been providing services to the global offshore oil & gas industry for more than 50 years. Our projects range from deep water subsea facilities to the largest and most complex oil & gas production systems in the world. With operations in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, McDermott provides a world of experience.
Term of Employment: Approximately 6 months, with the possibility of extension
Job Description: Rigger
- the Rigger responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible in all aspects of deck activities
- Carrying out good housekeeping and continually cleaning general deck areas to remove potential obstructions and return equipment and material not in use to their designated storage areas.
- Loading and offloading materials
- Participating in project work as instructed by Rigger Leaderman and Foreman
- Knowledge of lifting equipment in use is key
- Continuously monitor rigging equipment being used and remove from service any equipment found defective
- Erecting and dismantling scaffolding; inspect and sort scaffolding as required.
- Maintaining and up-keep of scaffolding materials when needed, in proper order
- Responsible for refusing unsafe work and for carrying out all work in accordance with the established HSES Safety Standards and Work Practices
- Ensuring that all activities are undertaken in accordance with all safety and quality requirements
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in the offshore construction industry with experience in a similar role, particularly on heavy life barge
- High school graduate
- Valid certificate in scaffolding, applicable to company standards
- Valid Offshore Medical
- BOSIET Training or Equivalent (OPITO approved)
- Fluent both in spoken and written English
- McDermott offers a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits coverage, and an exceptional opportunity for career development and growth.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job added by McDermott Houston