Part of the CMA CGM Group, APL is one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, providing world-class container shipping and terminal services, as well as intermodal operations supported by leading-edge IT and ecommerce.
APL offers transcontinental cargo shipping across Asia, North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Australia through more than 90 weekly services, calling ports in over 50 countries worldwide.
Reporting to the Corporate Business Control Manager based in Singapore, the main task of the Business Controller is to issue and analyze the management and accounting data of designated entities (lines) to support and challenge business operations decisions, if need be, for better control of cost structure and profitability.
- Produce monthly results (management / Flash / Forecast) using standard costs.
- Be part of the day to day decision making process in the entity.
- Prepare the yearly budget and quarterly revisions
- Gap analysis between management, flash and forecast and alert the management in case of deviation. Make proposals to allow for correction.
- Make sure all rules and regulations enforced by Group Corporate Control are applied and adhered to.
- Produce any profitability analysis as required.
- Monthly meeting with his management to discuss results.
- Gap analysis between actual and estimated cost to adjust the standard cost if necessary
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree from a recognised university
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar function preferably from a maritime or financial environment.
- Ability to engage and build strong work relationships with Operations, Commercial and Management in order to effectively influence and be considered dependable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Can work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines within tight time frames.
- Good organisational and analytical skills with a mature methodical approach to tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems and offer innovative solutions; not afraid of challenges and learning new things.
- Customer focus yet strong attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office (especially in Microsoft Excel). Not afraid of learning new systems.
Interested applicants, please email to email your resume (in word format), the reason for your to consider a move from your current/latest organisation, your current/latest salary details, expected salary & notice period/earliest start date. Final package and job title shall commensurate with experience, background & skills. Thank you for applying and we regret that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
APL is part of the successful CMA CGM Group, the world's 3rd largest container shipping company.
APL has one of the international shipping industry’s most technologically advanced and environmentally friendly fleets
APL invests in our equipment to ensure we provide customers with the most efficient services. We operate a modern fleet of approximately 90 vessels. In line with our environmental commitment, we continue to improve the performance and efficiency of our ships.
Job added by APL Limited