We are looking for a candidate for the position of Lead Electrical/Instrument Technician on a FSU (UK Offshore Installation) in the UK sector of the North Sea, which forms part of an exciting & innovative Oil & Gas project.
This position would ideally suit an Electrician/Instrument Technician with Crude or Product Tanker experience, FPSO/FSU experience with formal training to 'HNC/HND Instrumentation & Control Engineering' or equivalent. This role will act as the Responsible Electrical Person onboard the installation, so as such all relevant UK Electrical certification is mandatory. Candidates must be legally allowed to work in the UK and hold all required UK Certification for working offshore, including BOSIET (inc CA-EBS), MIST, HV and LV Switching and CompEx.
The ideal candidate will have strong skills in diagnostic and fault finding with experience of:
- Pre-commissioning of instrumentation systems including loop check, cause & effect testing and fire and gas commissioning through to ESD
- Performing commissioning, calibration, maintenance and repair of instrumentation Electrical/Hydraulic & Pneumatic systems
- Experienced in working with a variety of process Instrumentation and Digital Control Systems (DCS)
- Commissioning and maintenance of communication systems
- Cause & Effect procedures for ESD/Fire & Gas Systems
- Produce and maintain As-built drawings and documentation
- Punch list identification, verification and clearance
- Fiscal Metering Skid
- PLC systems
- Fire and Gas and HVAC panels
- Knowledge of Yokogawa, ABB, Emerson, Kongsberg, K-Chief 700.
- Proficient working knowledge of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and UK Electrical Safety Rules
- Able to operate at REP level
Knowledge of permit to work systems & planned maintenance systems is essential, ideally will have used ‘SAP’, however training will be given as required.Location: North Sea
Job added by OSM Maritime Group