We need you
On behalf of our client, a well-known maritime company located near The Hague, we are looking for Crewing Officer (m/v, fulltime)
The international Crewing Department of our client ensures the vessels are continuously manned with the world’s best available seafarers. Each Crewing Officer is responsible for the full crewing process for one or more vessels, plus they take on projects to further develop and professionalize the department.
- Ensuring the fleet is manned continuously by the best available certified, qualified and medically fit seafaring personnel
- You manage placement of existing and new seafaring employees into ranks, in positions and on vessels, matching necessary qualifications and experience
- You are responsible for the provision of yearly budgets and monthly financial reporting on crewing related items
- You recruit new employees both directly and through crewing agents
- You provide day-to-day liaison and support to crew at all levels, including payroll queries and contractual matters
- You plan and manage crew changes including visas, travel, transport and accommodation
- You ensure that appraisals are held, deal with promotions and dismissals, and arrange training and inductions
- You ensure compliance with relevant international legislative and regulatory requirements (such as STCW and MLC)
- You align with and coordinate crewing related issues between relevant parties: vessel superintendents, the vessel and clients
Candidate skills & attributes
- Preferably you have a Bachelor’s degree and higher education working level.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and preferably a second language.
- At least 2 years of experience in operational crewing for vessels or similar, HRM/ recruitment experience would be considered an asset
- You have experience working with MS Office
- You are up to speed with marine Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, and with marine employment regulations
- You have strong communication skills; you are familiar with several communication methods and know how to deliver messages to motivate others and get the desired outcome
- You have a strong interpersonal awareness and experience in working in a multicultural environment You work accurately and excel in planning
- You have strong organizing and coordinating skills, you are pro-active and highly pragmatic
- You learn fast and are keen to further develop yourself
- You are willing to work outside of office hours when required
We offer a good salary and additional benefits.
About Protea Maritime Connection and our clients
About Protea Maritime Connection Protea Maritime Connection connects nautical and shore-based professionals to the international maritime industry by means of Recruitment, Secondment, Management Consulting and crew management issues. We specialise in the International Dredging Industry and related service sectors, the Offshore Energy industry, and the Civil Construction industry. Established to meet international demand in 2012, we take pride in Protea Maritime Connection’s unblemished record. We attribute this success to the dedication and professionalism of the members of our Protea Team who have been involved in the Maritime Industry for over 17 years. A positive result of our team effort has been the establishment a Trade Agency in Cape Town, South Africa, which gives us direct access to a market of highly skilled professionals. Our collective enthusiasm across a global network ensures immediate and professional response in all we do. We strive to do our utmost to establish reliable, long-term relationships by providing quality service to both client and candidate.Location: Europe (EU)
Job added by Protea Maritime Connection BV