BW Offshore is a leading global provider of floating production services to the oil and gas industry, with an operating fleet of 16 FPSOs and one FSO. The company has an excellent track record on project execution and operations, with more than 30 years of experience. The company is represented in the major oil regions world-wide, with presence across Asia Pacific, Americas, Europe and West Africa. BW Offshore is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and is part of the BW Group, one of the world’s largest maritime groups.
BW Offshore is recruiting Mechanical Technicians for the Catcher Project. Employment will start in Singapore and the UK and extend into operations in the UK North Sea.
The Catcher FPSO is due to start production about 170 km southeast of Aberdeen. It will be supported from the Base Office in Aberdeen.
Pre-operations (Yard) phase activities
- Participate in commissioning activities.
- Familiarization with relevant systems.
- Participate in development of maintenance manuals and procedures etc.
- Participate in relevant training courses.
Operations (Offshore) phase, a summary of key tasks and responsibilities
- Perform preventive/corrective maintenance and troubleshooting on all mechanical equipment as per Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Responsible for ensuring that relevant requirements of the Management System are followed at all times
- Daily maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Maintain a good working environment in all working areas and ensure good housekeeping and safe working conditions.
- Assist in commissioning activities.
- Use the IFS Maintenance Management System to generate work orders, update records etc.
- Carry out consumables stock control.
- Use the Permit To Work system, prepare permits.
- Ensure that vendors and contractors are managed safely and effectively.
- Undertake training both on and offshore relevant to the position.
- Member of the Emergency Response Team if required
- In the yard phase in Singapore rotation will be 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off. Occasional ad hoc travels may be required in order to attend training courses etc.
- In the Operations phase offshore UK Continental Shelf rotation will be 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off.
- Offshore UK and FPSO experience is desirable.
- 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Marine engineering or mechanical engineering background and recognised qualification
- Substantial Oil and Gas experience may be used as a substitute for formal experience
- Competent knowledge of plant operation, maintenance and computerised maintenance systems
- Experience in maintenance of process, marine and utility equipment in oil / gas industry
- Previous work in a multinational environment is desirable
- Good computer skills.
- Fluent oral and written English.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to embrace the Catcher culture emphasizing on flexibility, honesty, reliability and open communication.
- Resident in the EU or ECC with the right to work in the UK.
Job type: Permanent
Working hours: Full-time
Working days: Shift
Application deadline: this month
Contacts: Simen Asak Ruud
Job added by BW Offshore Norway AS