Maritime Cook Islands head office is based in Rarotonga. MCI is a private Cook Islands owned company that has acontract with the Cook Islands Government (the Ministry of Transport) to operate the Cook Islands Ship Registry.
Cook Islands is an IMO Member state. Under the agreement with the Ministry of Transport, MCI is responsible for carrying out the Flag State responsibilities of the Cook Islands government.
MCI works through a network of Deputy Registrars (DR s) who are based in shipping centers around the world. The DR’s are required to follow the MCI Quality Management System and use the online Registry System (MARCI) that is the Cook Islands Ship Registry. MCI currently has 560 vessels on the register with a total of about 2 million Gross Tons.
About the role
Reporting to the MCI Board of Directors, this is an exciting opportunity to drive the strategy of the business and execute its business plans. MCI is well positioned for its next phase of growth and development.
With a supportive board and hard-working management team, the role provides an exciting opportunity to lead and grow an established international business.
With established quality management systems in place (being ISO 9001:2015 certified and IMO Member State compliant), MCI is well placed to take advantage of the opportunities idenfided in its business plan.
What we are looking for
MCI is seeking to employ an experienced maritime professional to lead the organisation throught the next phase of its growth and development. You will have ideally come from a maritime industry background with seagoing and shore based experience including responsibility for ship compliance.
The ideal candidate will have strong business planning and leadership skills with a successful track record of recruiting and developing individuals and teams. The skills we seek include: –
- Strong financial management track record with an ability to interpret and present concisely on data and trends.
- Exceptional marketing and market development skills, including coaching and guiding sales teams and identifying new market opportunities.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing and developing IT projects that are critical to the ongoing success of MCI given it operates internationally from a remote location.
- Proven track record of developing, implementing and maintaining Quality Management Systems.
- Fully developed interpersonal skills capable of maintaining collaborative relationships with key stakeholders such as Government officials, DRs, staff, owners, RO s and other Administrations.
- Adequate legal knowledge and the ability to work with legal teams in order to ensure that domestic legislation is kept up to date in order to give full and complete effect to the international maritime conventions to which Cook Islands is party.
What we can offer:
- This is an excellent opportunity to lead and grow a truly international business.
- The position is based in Rarotonga, Cook Islands and relocation assistance will be available for the successful candidate.
- A salary package comensurate with sucessful candidate’s qualifications and experience will be offered.
Apply in confidence email!
Job added by Maritime Cook Islands Limited