We at West African Ventures work in an extremely exciting and challenging industry, which is very demanding. For those who are not afraid of hard work it is fun! It is not without a reason the group’s slogan is: “We work hard because it is fun!”.
Working for WAV means being part of an enthusiastic hard-working and motivated team with numerous opportunities for development and promotion.
Second Engineer - AHTS Fleet
The 2nd Engineer is second in command of the engineering department, under study and reports to the vessel's Chief Engineer.
- Assist the Chief Engineer for the efficient, safe running and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and ancillary equipment and deck machinery on board the vessel;
- Operational excellence and display of Seamanship;
- Ensure with Chief Engineer that the Planned Maintenance System is properly maintained and reported. This includes inventories on board, Maintenance and Breakdowns and maintenance of Technical Manuals, Tools and Instructions;
- Assist the vessel's Master in preparing dry dock specifications and work scopes;
- Assist the vessel's Master to implement and maintain the Company's policies and Safety Management System;
- Act as engine room Watch-keeper.
- Fluent in verbal / written English;
- Fully licensed Second Engineer III/2 in accordance with STCW 95;
- Valid Medical Certificate;
- Training and up to date certification in accordance with STCW 95 and Flag State Regulations;
- Genuine, proven and documented offshore Seamanship.
West African Ventures is able to provide a wide range of vessels for the global oil and gas industry. WAV owns and operates a diverse fleet of over 180 vessels.
DP3 / DP2 FLEET
West African Ventures owns and operates a fleet of five new multipurpose DP3 / DP2 offshore installation and accommodation vessels, based on a hybrid design configuration: Jascon 25, Jascon 28, Jascon 30, Jascon 31, Jascon 34 and Jascon 55.
These vessels combine a Class 3 Dynamic Positioning System, large unobstructed decks, high capacity cranes ranging from 270 to 800 tonnes, the ability to install rigid and/or flexible pipe, and large accommodation capacities of between 298 to 469 passengers. Due to the large unobstructed decks accommodation capacities can be temporarily expanded by portable accommodation blocks or containerized units.
All our vessels can be fitted with a hydraulic heave compensated gangway which, combined with the DP3 system, guarantees high connection times to both FPSO’s and production platforms, for twentyfour hours a day, under the most challenging conditions.
These are the key features that allow the WAV DP3 fleet to operate in pipelay, construction, SURF and accommodation markets. Please click on the links below to download more information about our vessels.
MARINE SUPPORT FLEET
West African Ventures owns and operates a large and diverse marine support fleet of landing crafts, crew/pilot boats, anchor handlers, PSV's and cargo barges. This fleet is chartered to operators and contractors in the oil and gas industry, mainly along the West African coast. Below you will find vessel data sheets of this marine support fleet.
Be alert to false offers of employment
It has come to our attention that various individuals/organisations may be offering false employment opportunities in West African Ventures (WAV) and as part of their process may request personal information (including bank details, passport numbers etc) or money in order to progress the application. WAV does not ask for payments from applicants to secure a job with the company.
WAV conducts a comprehensive employment process which includes clear job description, face to face interviews (preliminary interview and for short listed personnel a 2nd interview), reference checking and the like. A formal offer will not be made until this process has been finalised.
Furthermore all email correspondence relating to employment with WAV will never be sent from a free web-based email account.
If you are unsure of the legitimacy of the person you are dealing with, or you wish to determine whether an individual or organisation is offering genuine employment opportunities within WAV, please contact the Human Resource department in our office in Lagos.
Please contact and send your open application toour Human Resource department:Location: Worldwide
Job added by West African Ventures (WAV)