About the position:
- This would be a great opportunity if you’re looking for a quality experience to enhance your career - a great stepping-stone to then launch yourself into the overseas market, or full-time all-year employment.
- Position will be full time on a roster basis.
- The position will include weekends, late nights and public holidays.
- The role will be busy and sometimes involve long hours.
- Much of the time you will be operating the vessel alone, sometimes you may have a host/deck hand on board to assist you.
About Sail Barbary:
- Sail Barbary is a family owned and operated company. You would often be working alongside the company owner as another skipper and office manager . We are a close-knit team, and you’re guaranteed a laugh when the crew is together.
- About our vessels:
- Barbary is a classic 1926, 48 foot Colin Archer Ketch. Maritime surveyed to hold 28 passengers (plus crew).
- Agathis (Barbary II) is a classic 1976, 48 foot Alden Ketch. Maritime surveyed to hold 24 passengers (plus crew).
- Sail Barbary runs scheduled cruises on Lake Taupo to the Maori Rock Carvings every day of the year (except Christmas Day). Both yachts are also available for private charters. Our yachts are the only electric powered yachts to operate commercially in NZ.
What we’re looking for:
- You will need an ILM or SLR with passenger and 24-meter endorsement (or larger).
- LCQ (Liquor Licence) and First Aid Certificates are not required for application, but are a bonus if you hold them.
- The primary responsibilities of the skipper are to safely navigate the vessel to and from the Maori Rock Carvings on Lake Taupo in varying conditions.
- This role will require the successful applicant to operate one of the yachts on Lake Taupo alongside another skipper operating the second yacht.
- Within this – we are entertainers! While you’re navigating the vessels you will be teaching the guests on board about the history of the area, infusing this with good humour and showmanship.
- You will need to be confident, outgoing and have the ability to relate well to people from all walks of life from around the world.
- We are after someone who’s charismatic, entertaining, and has a great sense of humour.
- Applicants for this position should be eligible to work in NZ or have NZ residency, along with great English language skills. Bonus if you can speak a second language!
Please do not apply unless you have the required certification to operate a commercial vessel.
Call Peter or email:Location: Worldwide
Job added by Sail Barbary Ltd.
Note! Companies never receive or ask for money from seafarers! Read more about Scam Jobs