As a Technical Superintendent you are responsible for:
- Involved in day to day operations and managing all types of technical operation of tanker vessels
- Supervise and monitor technical/hull issues and provide technical support to the Vessel & Crew.
- Preparation and supervision of execution drydocking repairs, or floating maintenance/surveys when required.
- Monitor performances of machinery on-board and evaluate overall vessel technical conditions.
- Manage the preparation, filing and dispatch of required reports and ensure vessel specifications and equipment details are accurately updated at all times.
- Co-ordination all necessary vessel orders for stores, spares, repairs and survey within limits of authority to ensure that vessels remain stocked for safe and efficient operation.
- Supervision of contractors' repair/maintenance of vessels.
- Assist the Technical Manager in investigation of incidents and recognise the root cause, to make recommendations to prevent a recurrence. Assisting, if required, in any emergency matters.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- At least 2 years of previous experience as a Technical Superintendent working with tankers with a ship-management/ship-owning company
- At least 3 years sailing experience in a senior position on tankers
- Strong knowledge of industry rules and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High sense of initiative, professionalism and responsibility
- Excellent command of the written and spoken English language
Job added by INOK TM Ltd.
Note! Companies never receive or ask for money from seafarers! Read more about Scam Jobs