On behalf of our Client, we are interested to seek applicants for the following position :
- Radio Operator
- Operate radio equipment in order to communicate
- Turn controls or throw switches in order to activate power, adjust voice volume and modulation, and set transmitters on specified frequencies.
- Broadcast weather reports and warnings.
- Conduct periodic equipment inspections and routine tests in order to ensure that operations standards are met.
- Coordinate radio-related aspects of locating and contacting airplanes and ships that are missing or in distress.
- Examine and operate new equipment prior to installation in order to ensure that it performs properly.
- Operate sound-recording equipment in order to record signals and preserve broadcasts for purposes such as analysis by intelligence personnel.
- Repair radio equipment as necessary, using electronic testing equipment, hand tools, and power tools.
- Review applicable regulations regarding radio communications, and report violations.
- Set up antennas and mobile communication units
- Communicate with receiving operators in order to exchange transmission instructions.
- Determine and obtain bearings of sources from which signals originate, using direction-finding procedures and equipment.
- Maintain station logs of messages transmitted and received
- Monitor emergency frequencies in order to detect distress calls and respond by dispatching emergency equipment.
- OGUK, BOSIET and GMDSS Certification is a must.
- Familiarity with radio technology with minimum 3 years relevant work experience
Send us your CV in English to:Location: Worldwide
Job added by Oilfield Workforce Group Limited
Note! Companies never receive or ask for money from seafarers! Read more about Scam Jobs