As a Vetting Superintendent you are responsible for the supervision, control and to coordination of all vetting matters for a group of allocated ships.
Overseeing the day to day running of the vetting system for his/her assigned fleet of vessels.
Assist the management team with guidance in preparation for customer vetting inspections, including attendance on board were deemed necessary.
Maintain the Company database of defects raised by vetting inspectors.
Manage the owner's comments in response to vetting reports.
Follow up on close-out of deficiencies from vetting Inspections.
Manage the incident notification process, including incident reporting in cooperation with SSHEQ department.
To develop and maintain a close working relationship with the oil majors, including planned visits/ meetings as directed.
Assist the Senior Vetting Superintendent with the preparation of training material for vetting bulletins, vetting inspections.
Essential skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Chief Mate STCQ Reg. ii/2 Unlimited
- Significant Experience as Chief mate on tankers.
- Experience of working ashore as vetting superintendent will be of an advantage
- Must have a high level of commitment in order to meet the demanding workload and long work hours
- Ability to work under pressure and 24/7 availability
- Excellent command of the written and spoken English language
Job added by INOK TM Ltd.