For our smallest LNG Tanker working along the Norwegian Coastline, we are now looking for a Safety Committed, self-driven and experienced Chief Engineer (single-engineer). Temporary employment can be considered.
Due to trade area and flag requirements, we are only accepting Nordic applicants.
Candidates will be evaluated continuously and can be concluded before application deadline. Commencement by appointment.
Duties and responsibilities
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the Engine Department and is a member of the Ship management. Some of the responsibilities can include (but not limited to):
- Understand and follow the Company HSE&QA Safety Management System
- Leader of the Engine Department
- Safe and Proper Operation of the Main-/ Auxiliary Engine and all other Technical Equipment on board
- Duties in Engine-Room
- Maintenance and Repair of Equiptment and Electrical Equipment
- Responsible for Maintenance of Technical Equipment on deck
- Responsible for Engine stores/spare parts etc.
- State quantity of bunkers and lubricating oil
- Responsible for Cargo System
- Responsible for Bunker Operation
- Experience as Chief Engineer on LNG vessel
- Minimum Engine Officer certification (MO3)
- Tankerman highest grade - Gas
- High Voltage
- STCW Safety courses (A-VI/1,2-1,3,4-1)
- Valid Health Certificate
- High Focus on Safety and the Environment
- Team Player with excellent communication skills
- Solution oriented, self-driven and "can-do" attitude
We can offer
- A fully integrated shipping company
- Long track record of successful operations
- A professional and challenging environment with great possibilities for training and development
- 4 weeks rotation
Job added by Knutsen NYK Offshore Tankers AS