The Manager, Vessel Traffic & Customer Service works as an essential part of the Traffic and Customer Service team to provide superior service for Algoma customers through efficient vessel scheduling, coordination and follow-up, with the goal of maximizing profits while maintaining customer loyalty and satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and monitors the efficiency of vessel schedules meeting contract requirements and customer forecasts.
- Using IMOS 7 (Integrated Marine Operating System) maintains accurate and complete vessel schedules that meet all internal, revenue and external reporting requirements.
- Acquires and utilizes a solid understanding of fleet capabilities and constraints.
- Assists with the accounting for income taxes during period-ends, such as reconciliations, journal entries and financial reporting.
- Receives customer input to facilitate acceptable resolution to any shipping or logistical issue utilizing all fleet and shore resources available.
- Maintains regular personal contact with customers to enhance business relationships.
- Supports contract negotiations as necessary.
- Develops efficient vessel schedules that meet or exceed TCE (financial) targets, minimize costs, while meeting customer requirements.
- Coordinates overall vessel scheduling activities with the Traffic team.
- Develops and maintains cross-functional departmental as well as fleet relationships.
- Assists as required on tracking competitors shipping activities.
- Approves voyage costs as well as customer laytime documentation for presentation to applicable customers and billing.
- Updates annual and periodic tonnage forecasts in coordination with the Sales Department and Contract Administration.
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in Business or Business Systems or a post-secondary education coupled with a Marine Navigation technical designation.
- Minimum five years’ experience in the Great Lakes Marine Transportation industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway system is an asset.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in transportation logistics and/or shipboard operations.
- Proficient with computer applications and ability to learn a new commercial software system.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team environment and balance the needs of a number of individuals and the team.
- Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- No travel restrictions.
- Operates in a standard office environment with routine use of standardized office equipment, such as phones and computers.
- Regular on call rotation providing 24/7 frontline customer support, with responsibilities including daily approval of vessel log information, schedule updates and changes as required.
- Requires routine after hours and weekend work.
- Requires ability to travel on occasion, some of which may be international.
The position title may be adjusted to a higher or lower classification dependent on the successful candidate’s experience and background.
If you are interested in a rewarding career, please send your resume.
Please include “Traffic Manager” in the subject line of your email. This is a full-time permanent position in our St. Catharines office. Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.Location: Worldwide
Job added by Algoma Central Marine Limited