The candidate will be responsible for fuel requisition to the fleet worldwide
- Purchase bunker for the entire fleet worldwide.
- Identify requirements and accurately calculate the grades and quantities needed with the operator.
- Identify best port for replenishment based on the voyage ahead, cost and quality.
- Monitor prices and purchase bunkers in coordination with market movements.
- Negotiate rates, terms and conditions.
- Coordinate the entire bunker delivery in all ports by communicating with the operators of the vessels, ensuring timely and cost-efficient supply.
- Nominate surveyors.
- Maintain and create new relationships with bunker traders and suppliers worldwide.
- Collect Delivery receipts and invoices and ensure all documentation is in place.
- Handle claims with traders and suppliers.
- Keep record of bunker fixtures and demonstrate cost savings for the company.
- Maintain speed and consumption data for the entire fleet and ensure best performance of the fleet in close communication with the technical managers.
- Follow the day to day vessel operations and be integral part of operations department.
- Follow up with the vessel before, during and after the bunker operation.
- Experience in bunker purchase for spot trading fleet
- Experience in shipping operations
- Strong negotiation skills and a good understanding of the shipping industry
- Good understanding of contract terminology
- Strong commercial mindset
- Committed and available for long working hours
- Persuasive and argumentative
- Team player
- Fluent in English
- Working Location: Amsterdam
Job added by Ace Tankers
Note! Companies never receive or ask for money from seafarers! Read more about Scam Jobs