P&O Maritime is a diverse global company in the marine transport sector delivering innovative and sustainable solutions in partnership with our customers. With a strong focus on business growth and excellence, P&O’s operations span Australasia, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Deliver cost effective, timely and high quality services to meet the contractual requirements
- Limassol, Cyprus
- Develop the local team to achieve the Company’s vision of “Global Maritime Excellence”.
For our newly established P&O Maritime Cyprus, we are looking to hire skilled Greek & English speaking GP Seamen to crew as able seaman on tugs and as required for shore operations. Reporting to the Tug Master or Pilot Boat or any vessel skipper the job holder will be required to crew any tug or vessel and assist in the full and complete maintenance of the tug, Pilot boat or any vessel. He must be fully conversant with ship mooring, equipment and associated rope work. He will also be required to follow health, safety, security and quality procedures of P&O Maritime in his work procedure.
Reporting to the Port Engineer, the job holder will be required to operate all marine craft demonstrating high standards of operational and basic engineering knowledge. The job holder will also be required to communicate effectively to pilots and ship masters and ensure all necessary safety precautions are taken whilst operating various types of marine craft. He/ She will also be required to follow health, safety, security and quality procedures of P&O Maritime in their work procedure
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- To safely operate all pilot launches, transport pilots and other personnel to and from vessels, as required. To ensure that adequate lee is provided whilst embarking/ disembarking personnel from vessels.
- To handle man over board procedures by plotting on the GPS immediately and informing port control tower using the VHF.
- To have effective and clear communication in the Greek and English language with the embarking/ disembarking marine pilot and/ or masters of the vessel. To have a good working knowledge of marine terminology
- To have excellent knowledge of the channel layout for safe navigation within Limassol Port waters.
- To have basic engineering knowledge of all marine craft
- To supervise when required any maintenance work on marine craft or jetty
To be considered for this position, the candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Secondary School Certificate or Equivalent.
- Government recognised Skipper Certificate of Competency
- Minimum 2 year experience in similar position
- Certificates in line with STCW Manila amendments 2010 with validity after 31 Dec 2016
- BST Certificate validity after 31 Dec 2016
- Greek & English proficiency written/ spoken required
Further details about this role are outlined in the attached Position Description.
The employment benefits package is reflective of the market and location. A competitive salary package
commensurate with the successful applicant's skills and experience will be offered.
To apply, please send your C.V. to HR!
Job added by P&O Maritime FZE