Position: Maritime Personnel Coordinator (Crewing) Coordinator
Reports to: Manager Marine Personnel
Job Description: Working with maritime union partners, or recruiters relative to specific vessel, position and applicable collective bargaining agreement, Coordinator’s duties pertain to identification, vetting and personnel records of qualified mariners to fill positions aboard company contracted vessels and arrangement of mariner travel to/from the vessel. Vessel activities encompass world-wide operations.
Required Education H.S. Diploma or equivalent. College courses desired. Associates degree or bachelors degree preferred
- Verify crew USCG and STCW credentials
- Verify regulatory, customer and company training
- Arrange for and verify mariner fitness for duty
- Obtain and verify drug free status
- Obtain required position and qualification documentation
- Maintain personnel record for mariner by data entry to NS5 and to documentation files
- Arrange and make travel arrangements and notifications in accordance with company policies to include; air, ground or water taxi arrangements and lodging
- Input and verify accuracy of sign on and sign off dates and vessels
- Working knowledge of vessel contractual union requirements
- Maintain good relations with customers, union hall personnel and mariners
- Assist with company administrative reporting requirements and auxiliary crewing functions such as I-9, DOT verification, EPIC, E-verify, discharge, medical billing, reimbursements, training, investigations, budgeting, accounting, invoicing, activations, compliance, etc.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in demanding administrative position or closely related position
- Able to demonstrate administrative, organization, cooperation, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to respond positively to crew and customers in an effective manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, perform detailed execution of tasks and adapt to a changing environment.
- Understanding of business processes and functions.
- Must have ability to work overtime and nights or weekends as per workload demands.
- May require phone calls at night or on weekends. Must comply with all work rules, including those that pertain to safety and health.
If you have specific questions about Patriot Contract Services, please contact Human Resources at:
Job added by American Ship Management, LLC