P&O Maritime is a diverse global company in the marine transport sector delivering innovative and sustainable solutions in partnership with our customers. With a strong focus on business growth and excellence, P&O’s operations span Australasia, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Deliver cost effective, timely and high quality services to meet the contractual requirements
- Limassol, Cyprus
- Develop the local team to achieve the Company’s vision of “Global Maritime Excellence”.
For our newly established P&O Maritime Cyprus, we are looking to hire skilled Greek & English speaking GP Seamen to crew as able seaman on tugs and as required for shore operations. Reporting to the Tug Master or Pilot Boat or any vessel skipper the job holder will be required to crew any tug or vessel and assist in the full and complete maintenance of the tug, Pilot boat or any vessel. He must be fully conversant with ship mooring, equipment and associated rope work. He will also be required to follow health, safety, security and quality procedures of P&O Maritime in his work procedure.
Reporting to the Port Engineer, the job holder will be required to perform complete maintenance and repair works on any tug in an efficient manner with the aim of minimizing unplanned down time of vessel. He/she will also be required to follow health, safety, security and quality procedures.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- To continually monitor and supervise day to day operations of all machinery on any tugs in an efficient manner.
- To conduct regular watch keeping of tugs within a roster system and to ensure tugs are maintained at all times for the port operations.
- To advise the Technical Superintendent of faults or other problem which may occur during tug operation which cannot be resolved independently or require additional manpower and parts, thereby avoiding wastage in cost and resources.
- To prepare Dry docking lists as required and to assist in Dry docking operations of any tug.
- Maintain log books, records and reports as required by P&OMS, Classification, National and international Maritime laws.
- To fully comprehend the importance of tug surveys, maintenance, reporting and responsibilities of a tug engineer.
- To liaise with the Technical Superintendent and advise him of any purchasing needs to maintain the Tug in efficient operations
To be considered for this position, the candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Certificate of Competency of Chief Engineer (or Equivalent Engineering Officer of the Watch ) STCW III/2 or 2nd Engineer STCW III/2
- Relevant certificates with STCW Manila amendments 2010 with validity after 31 Dec 2016
- Min 2 years TUG engines and propulsion / thrusters experience
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Greek and English language both written and verbal.
Further details about this role are outlined in the attached Position Description.
The employment benefits package is reflective of the market and location. A competitive salary package
commensurate with the successful applicant's skills and experience will be offered.
To apply, please send your C.V. to HR!Location: Cyprus
Job added by P&O Maritime FZE