P&O Maritime is a diverse global company in the marine transport sector delivering innovative and sustainable solutions in partnership with our customers. With a strong focus on business growth and excellence, P&O’s operations span Australasia, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Deliver cost effective, timely and high quality services to meet the contractual requirements
- Limassol, Cyprus
- Develop the local team to achieve the Company’s vision of “Global Maritime Excellence”.
For our newly established P&O Maritime Cyprus, we are looking to hire skilled Greek & English speaking GP Seamen to crew as able seaman on tugs and as required for shore operations. Reporting to the Tug Master or Pilot Boat or any vessel skipper the job holder will be required to crew any tug or vessel and assist in the full and complete maintenance of the tug, Pilot boat or any vessel. He must be fully conversant with ship mooring, equipment and associated rope work. He will also be required to follow health, safety, security and quality procedures of P&O Maritime in his work procedure.
Reporting to the Port Engineer, the job holder will be required to operate any tug with the aim of providing safe towage and vessel assist operations. He/ She will maintain high standards of customer service to all shipping lines by promptly following instructions from the client and Pilots, thus enhancing the image of P&O Maritime.
He/ She will also be required to follow health, safety, security and quality procedures of P&O Maritime in his work procedure.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- To command any Tug independently within a roster system or as required.
- To ensure the Tugs are well maintained and kept clean at all times for immediate use.
- To provide towage assistance for vessels.
- Placing and positioning of buoys as required.
- To maintain tug towlines and ensure its correct usage during tug operations.
- To practice the correct and effective operation of tug firefighting and oil pollution equipment thus ensuring optimum readiness during any emergency requiring its use.
- Maintain log books, records and reports as required by P&O Maritime, Classification, National and International Maritime Laws.
- To fully comprehend the importance of tug surveys, maintenance, reporting and responsibilities of a Tug Master.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Certificate of competency as a Master of vessel ( or equivalent Officer of the Watch ) up to 500 GRT (STCW A II/2
- Qualification in line with STCW Manila amendments 2010 with validity after 31 Dec 2016
- Minimum 2 years Tug experience in rank
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Greek and English language both written and verbal.
- Ability to obtain a relevant Flag State Endorsement (St V&G).
Further details about this role are outlined in the attached Position Description.
The employment benefits package is reflective of the market and location. A competitive salary package
commensurate with the successful applicant's skills and experience will be offered.
To apply, please send your C.V. to HR!Location: Cyprus
Job added by P&O Maritime FZE