Offshore Construction Specialists (OCS) first established an office in the United Kingdom in the year 2000 and expanded operations to Singapore in 2007. Company focus is the provision of construction management, engineering and consulting services primarily to the offshore oil and gas sector. Changing industry dynamics has resulted in a continued shortage of properly qualified and motivated engineers with the right experience to deal with the range of complex issues faced by offshore operators and contractors. OCS employs a base load of personnel with extensive experience in all facets of marine construction. OCS uses this depth of experience to mentor and train new personnel and has built an organisation capable of taking on the most difficult projects. To complement our Operational and Field Engineering staff, we have developed a Construction Support Engineering group equipped with the latest industry software to provide engineering analysis required for transportation studies, pipeline and cable lay, pile drivability, mooring analyses, engineered lifts, jacket launch, float and upend, and a range of other applications.
This position will entail travelling within the region and assignments on marine construction barges offshore during installation works.
- Directly responsible on all engineering, planning, loadout, materials and all other technical services essential to support the construction and installation activities at the offshore worksite.
- Ensure that the details included in the installation procedures are fully understood and properly applied by construction personnel and that all project preparation is in order.
- Co-ordinate and request from the construction Superintendent or barge Foreman any resources required by his subordinates.
- Review project planning with a view to improve on the completion date, if possible during implementation.
- He shall at all times know the current progress of the project with respect to planning and should be able to give details of why project ahead/behind schedule at all times.
- Possess a dynamic and outgoing character that can communicate with all working levels.
- Willing to travel or posting overseas.
- Willing to work on site.
- Must have a recognized Civil or Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Salary to commensurate with experience.
Job added by Offshore Construction Specialists (OCS) Pte Ltd