BW is a leading global maritime group involved in oil and gas transportation, floating gas infrastructure, deepwater production and dry cargo transportation. Through its predecessor companies, Bergesen and World-Wide Shipping, BW has been delivering energy and other vital commodities for more than 80 years. BW LNG is responsible for developing the Groups presence in floating LNG infrastructure. BW LNG’s fleet consists of 22 LNG carriers and 3 FSRUs managed from offices in Oslo, Singapore and Houston..
In order to support our vision to be Best on Water and to support our growth, BW is looking for a highly motivated Technical Superintendent to join our team. As a Technical Superintendent you will be responsible for all aspects of technical management for assigned vessels in order to contribute to a safe, reliable and cost-effective operations.
Embark on a career with the world’s leading maritime group. Join us in our quest to be Best on Water!
- Manage day-to-day technical operation and performance of assigned vessels to ensure that applicable requirements to safety, quality, efficiency and environmental performance are met.
- Develop, monitor and control running cost budgets to meet goals and KPIs
- Identify areas for improvements and modifications, evaluate and improve vessel performance
- Monitor and ensure compliance with statutory, class and other third party requirements
- Supervise and report repairs and modifications
- Manage all phases of the dry-docking process from initial planning to completion
- Contribute to improved learning transfer across the fleets
- Ensure that all activities, also by third parties engaged, comply with set HSEQ standards
- Visit assigned vessels around the world
- BSc/MSc in Marine engineering or Master/Chief Engineer
- Experience as a superintendent is preferable
- Technical skills related to ship operation
- Good English language skills, verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with cultural awareness
- Proactive with a strong personal drive
- Have a holistic perspective, without loosing attention to details
- Good analytical skills/ assessment ability
- Competitive terms
- International and highly competent working environment
- A challenging position and good opportunities for individual development
The position will be based in Oslo but some travelling should be expected.
|Type of employment
|First day of employment
|As soon as possible
|Number of positions
|Professor Kohts Vei 5, 1366 Lysaker
Job added by BW Offshore Singapore Pte. Ltd.