The Floor Hand works the drill floor operating manual tongs and pulling slips when tripping drill pipe in and out of the hole.
The Floor Hand reports to the Motor Man and the Driller. The Floor Hand assists in various jobs around the drilling rig (e.g. pressure washing, hauling mud products, etc.).
The position requires a H2S Alive certificate and workers are required to be fit and able to lift heavy loads.
- Assist the Derrick Hand and Driller on the drill floor while making trips,
- Ensure the drill floor is kept clean,
- Conduct preventative maintenance on equipment,
- Assist the Derrick Hand in mixing mud and chemicals,
- Assist in cleaning and painting as required by the Driller,
- Assist in moving the rig, rigging up and rigging out,
- Perform the duties of an all-around worker on the drilling rig and,
- Learn and adhere to all Company, Customer and Government Safety Policy, Procedures and Practices and Regulations.
APPLYING POSITION:Location: Worldwide
Job added by AKITA Drilling Ltd.