The Driller operates the main controls on the drilling rig; and manages the crew on shift to ensure they follow Company Policy and Procedure.
The Driller reports to the Rig Manager and communicates with the 3rd party services contractors on the drill floor. The Driller is responsible for disciplinary action.
- Operate rig floors controls,
- Run or assist in running special tools into the hole,
- Constant lookout for unsafe conditions or acts,
- Document daily activities in the Tour Report,
- Lead crew meetings on Safe Work Procedures,
- Supervise crew on shift during various activities through progressing of well,
- Provide on the job training to all crew personnel in all aspects of operations,
- Supervise crew during rig up/out operations. Assist trucking companies with equipment spotting,
- Follow company procedures for hiring, progressive discipline and termination,
- Provide Rig Manager with information on parts required, maintaining rig supplies and,
- Report and investigate with the Rig Manager all accidents on his/her shift.
- Learn and adhere to all Company, Customer and Government Safety Policy, Procedures and Practices and Regulations.
Job added by AKITA Drilling Ltd.