As an officer of engineering watch you are responsible to make sure that the assigned equipment is used in such a manner that optimal production is achieved in compliance with safety, maritime and environmental regulations at all times.
Sara Maatje X is an Offshore Supply & Multipurpose vessel that is currently deployed as Safety Standby vessel at the drilling and production platform Mittelplate (Germany). The vessel is equipped with two containers which contains oil spill equipment, there are with regular intervals exercises. The vessel is further equipped with a RIB, which can also drive. This RIB is deployed to assist with the oil spill equipment and with calamities. The RIB can also be deployed to drop off surveyors on the surrounding sand banks for measurements.
The crew consists of a captain, an officer of engineering watch who also assists on deck and an able bodied seaman who will also be the cook.
The sailing schedule is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Basic knowledge of the German language is mandatory for the captain, for the other ranks preferred.
- End responsible for the Engine Room watch and supervise and to motivate the technical crew of the watch.
- Maintain the efficiency of the planned maintenance system and maintenance and repair jobs of the main and axillaries equipment.
- Maintain the safety and environmental regulations on board as well the maintenance of the safety equipment. (e.g. ISM & ISPS).
- Optimizing of the production and the continuity of the vessel.
- Assists on deck.
Who are we looking for?
- Holder of a Chief Engineer <3000KW Dutch (recognition) certificate of competence;
- Valid STCW certificates, Marine High Voltage courses included;
- Experience with MARAD is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- QHSSE ambassador;
- Team player, striving towards the common goal;
- Quality focus & continuos improvement;
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in Dutch and English.
- A challenging and dynamic position.
- A stable position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The opportunity to be an essential part of the success of our company and get a high degree of personal responsibility.
- Competitive compensation package.
Are you excited to join our company for a long-term commitment, a clear rotation schedule and do you have what it takes to be our new Officer in charge of engineering watch? Please apply through our website at the bottom of this page. Acta Marine is currently only hiring crew with Dutch (recognition) certificate of competence. Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact Cor Visser, at:Location: Worldwide
Job added by Acta Marine Rotterdam (HQ)