Our client is an independently owned company providing a towage, salvage and anchor handling support worldwide with a large fleet of tugs and multicats. The vessels operate mostly in shallow waters and near coastal, but also tow trips within EU. Tugs are not involved in harbor towage!
Duration / rotation
negotiable / 4 to 8 weeks on/off / Indefinite
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Has the ultimate responsibility for the tug or multicat and all operations that take place on board and is in overall command of the vessel;
• Managing the tug or multicat and crew in such a way that navigation, repair & maintenance activities as well as the goals and objectives of the company are being realized in an economic, efficient and safe way with a vessel that is, technically, in a good condition;
• Representing the company, the vessel’s owner and/or vessel charterer;
• Completing all necessary reports, keeping the tug or multicat administration up to date and ensuring the availability of the required and valid certificates on board;
• To take measures and execute incident investigation in case of malfunctions, defects, incidents or accidents and to report same to the company;
• Performing crew appraisals and consulting the Operations manager regarding personnel matters;
• Coordinating, delegating and planning activities on board and ensuring completion of the planned activities according to the work scheme with a minimal loss of time;
• Ordering materials or reparations on time and against minimal costs in accordance with the company’s economic interests;
• Ensures that the crew is fully trained for and aware of emergency situations;
• Is responsible for the medical care on board;
• Stands watches as officer of the watch;
• Closely liaises with the project teams on board;
• Maintains discipline, order, neatness, hygiene and adequate living conditions throughout the vessel.
• Fluency in English and Dutch, both spoken and written;
• Valid Certificate of Competence for Master till 3000 GT;
• All required STCW certificates and courses for the position;
• At least 2 years in position of master on board tugs and/or anchor handling vessels;
• Knowledge of ISM, ISPS and MLC;
• Embrace and uphold the very essence of responsibility, commitment, accountability and safety;
• Natural leader with strong communication and excellent management skills.
For more information contact me. You can also apply direct via below form.
Job added by The Offshore Partners B.V.