Part of the CMA CGM Group, APL is one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, providing world-class container shipping and terminal services, as well as intermodal operations supported by leading-edge IT and ecommerce.
APL offers transcontinental cargo shipping across Asia, North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Australia through more than 90 weekly services, calling ports in over 50 countries worldwide.
Commercial – Sales & Marketing
Singapore Permanent contract Singapore APL
This position is responsible for ensuring a smooth transition from APL’s systems to LARA. Target is to use the existing system as-is with minimum adjustments required. A major part of this role is to identify and document current processes, thereafter the needs for process changes and finally to develop a change management approach for all APL locations per function to effect these process changes. The incumbent will need to understand all local systems used across the world per function and establish how these requirements can be accommodated in LARA. The incumbent will need to communicate effectively with other project team members including cross-functional work for overall alignment to APL’s commercial strategy.
Key Result Areas
- As Is – To Be Analysis: Map and document current APL processes per functional area; understand LARA system and processes; develop an approach for bridging any resulting gaps where not possible to resolve with LARA or CMA CGM local applications
- Change Management: Develop a Change Management Strategy to align all impacted staff to the to-be LARA system and processes
- Deployment: User Training and Support in line with the Deployment and Cutover Plan
- Ensure smooth on-time transition from APL systems to LARA system
- Ensure LARA functions meet APL needs, including the various local APL applications such as CCMS/CRM/SFA/STAR/MS BI Dashboard per functional area
- Preference on using LARA functions on as-is basis, avoiding time and cost to enhance LARA but Highlight improvements/ changes where required
- Align with the entire project team (Commercial / GSSC/ Business Solutions/ Trade/ IT) on future processes in line with APL’s commercial strategy
- Documentation of requirements/ process changes
- Train Staff based on the functional unit on system/ process changes
- Support Staff in the respective functional area post-deployment
1. Strong business process and project management skills
2. Strong abilities of leading change management for systems and processes
3. Excellent written, oral presentation and interpersonal skills
4. Broad knowledge of Sales / CS Processes,CRM systems
5. Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
Desired competencies (typical)
1. Ability to Drive and Conclude Projects on time and budget
2. Basic understanding of Process Improvement Approaches
3. Customer Driven
4. Working & Managing as a Team
5. Results Orientated
7. Interpersonal Drive & Energy
8. Organization, Planning and Facilitation
9. Tolerance of Ambiguity
10. Interpersonal Drive & Energy
**Salary commensurate with experience.
**Please send your resume to us (in word format) together with your latest salary details (i.e. monthly base salary, any AWS, variable bonus and/or other fixed cash allowances) and your expected salary. Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be notified.
APL is part of the successful CMA CGM Group, the world's 3rd largest container shipping company
APL has one of the international shipping industry’s most technologically advanced and environmentally friendly fleets
APL invests in our equipment to ensure we provide customers with the most efficient services. We operate a modern fleet of approximately 90 vessels. In line with our environmental commitment, we continue to improve the performance and efficiency of our ships.
Job added by APL Limited