General Management - United States - Permanent contract - Washington. Dc - APL
APL, one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, offers more than 90 weekly services and call ports in over 50 countries worldwide. We provide container transportation through our international shipping network which combines high-quality intermodal operations with advanced technology, equipment and e-commerce.
APL is part of the CMA CGM Group, a leading worldwide shipping group founded in 1978 by Jacques R. Saadé. CMA CGM has a global presence thanks to its numerous vessels calling various ports all over the world. CMA CGM has grown continuously, and has been constantly innovating to offer its clients new sea, land and logistics solutions. Headquartered in Marseilles, the Group has employees all over the world in hundreds of agencies.
With over 160 years of experience, APL has the knowledge and the expertise to help our customers grow their businesses and negotiate in an increasingly complex and ever-changing global marketplace – whether that is venturing into new territories or growing in already developed markets.
The position will be responsible for all the Contracting and Business Development for the Government Trade and be based in Washington, DC.
- Provides strategic direction for business development and implementation.
- Develop strategic account plan to complement our network requirements.
- Identifies and properly qualifies business opportunities; present to executive levels of the organizations and prepare formal proposals.
- Develops pricing strategies, contract negotiations, and overall strategies to increase volume and profitability.
- Plans and conducts sales calls, communicates customer and competitive developments and participates in post-sales implementation team.
- Communicates critical account information throughout the organization.
- Budget for the assigned market
- New business plan and proposals
- Business achieved by new customers
- Prepare and deliver monthly forecasts and account updates
- Bachelor’s Degree (logistics, transportation, business, or related focus), or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate level (MBA) preferred.
- Minimum 10-15 years Government contracting and business development required.
- Proven customer service skills are required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Must be able to communicate and interact and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of PC-based applications and Electronic Information Systems
- Exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to be influential
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
APL is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Alternative application methods are available for individuals who are unable to use or access our online application system. For assistance, please contact us
Job added by APL Limited