We are looking for a Technical Superintendent to join our fast growing team in Singapore.
The successful candidate will be responsible for vessel maintenance, dry-docking, budgets, the safety management system and statutory regulations and more specifically will:
- Provide exceptional technical support, advice, and assistance on all technical matters pertaining to the operation of assigned vessels;
- Ensure the implementation of international and national rules and regulations and industry standards;
- Monitor the maintenance, condition, and operations of assigned vessels and ensure their efficient operation;
- Attend assigned vessels at ports of call and periodically sail on them, to assure technical condition, performance, and maintenance;
- Issue attendance reports, including comments for vessel condition and crew performance;
- Achieve optimum vessels’ performance, consistent with the assigned vessels’ commercial obligations;
- Prepare and formulate repair specifications in compliance with applicable requirements;
- Ensure the smooth and effective onboard implementation of our Integrated Management System policies and perform regular vessel audits;
- Liaise with and assist the Purchasing Officer in processing all spare parts requisitions;
- Motivate shipboard personnel to continuously improve and enhance their performance;
- Provide training and advice to shipboard personnel as necessary.
- University degree in Naval Architecture/ Marine/ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in a similar position or;
- C/E’s license with sea-going experience as Chief Engineer/ Marine Engineer with minimum class 2 certification and minimum 1 year of relevant working experience in a similar shore based position;
- Working knowledge of ISM/ ISPS codes;
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of the English language;
- Ability to travel within short notice as required.
Lomar has invested in the shipping industry for more than 40 years, often cyclically and through turbulent markets.
In recent years we have invested more than $2 billion in orders for over 25 modern, fuel-efficient new container ships and 'ultramax' bulk carriers from Chinese shipyards, as well as high-quality and modern second-hand vessels. Today our diversified fleet numbers over 80 container vessels, bulk carriers, and chemical and product tankers, with an average age of about seven years.Location: Singapore
Job added by Lomar Shipping Limited