We are looking for a Fleet Accountant to join our Accounts Department in London, to undertake the accounting for a fleet of vessels and support the production of Group monthly management accounts.
The successful candidate will be part-qualified, ambitious, fast learner with can do attitude, strong attention to detail and a genuine interest in shipping. The role includes:
- Recording and processing of day to day sales and purchase ledger transactions in relation to the vessel owning companies within their fleet;
- Preparation and monitoring of fleet’s weekly and monthly cash flows;
- Maintaining each vessel’s fixed asset schedule, including recording of capital expenditure, Dry-dock expenditure and ensuring relevant depreciation in accordance to Group accounting policies;
- Accounting for prepayments and accruals in relation to insurance premiums and administrative expenses;
- Reconciling charter hire for each period and analysing each vessels’ revenue;
- Regular reconciliations of balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliations, inter-company reconciliations and other control accounts;
- Liaising with other departments in the Group and third party vessel managers on matters including, but not limited to; monthly reports/accounts for each vessel, budget discussions, actual/budget variance analysis, cost allocations, insurance claims and funding;
- Month end: Reviewing of trial balances for each company to ensure accuracy before they are submitted to the Group Accountants;
- Year end: Liaising with external auditors, preparation of year end reporting packs and statutory accounts;
- Systems: being the Administrator for the accounting system (Access Dimensions 2.50b); by setting up new companies, nominal accounts, uploading annual budgets etc.;
- Assisting with ad hoc projects as may be required.
- Currently studying to achieve a professional accounting qualification;
- Prior experience in working in an accounting function within the shipping industry;
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively in a changing environment so as to meet the goals of the team within the agreed deadlines;
- Able to work as a member of a team, supporting colleagues and developing good working relationships;
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Access Dimensions 2.50b);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across all levels (top management and staff);
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Job added by Lomar Shipping Limited