Marquette Transportation Company
Ray Eckstein founded what is now the River Division of Marquette Transportation Company, LLC in 1978. Throughout the years we joined forces with two other family-owned businesses, Eckstein Marine Services and HLC Tugs, to add our Gulf-Inland and Offshore divisions, respectively. Each of our divisions has grown over the years, surviving grain embargoes, fluctuating fuel costs, and other challenges that led us to adapt, innovate, and prosper.
Marquette has three operations, with a strategic mix of vessels powered with the latest marine technology and equipment to ensure safe, reliable, on-time service. Founded in 1978, our River unit now offers a fleet of more than 50 line haul vessels and 800+ dry cargo barges. In 2007, we added our Gulf-Inland unit (formerly Eckstein Marine) and our Offshore unit (formerly HLC Tugs) to create a seamless transportation experience for our customers.
Position: Full-Time Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports To: Claims Manager
- Prepare reports for submission.
- Prepare and review related documents for completeness.
- Organize and work with detailed records using computers to enter access, search and retrieve data.
- Post or attach information to claim files.
- Process medical and property damage bills.
- Scan claim related documents.
- Provide customer service and assist Claims Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years general business experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to professionally interact with people at all levels of the organization, internal and external.
- High-level proficiency of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Strong skills in database management and recordkeeping.
Job added by Marquette Transportation Company