We need you
For several clients in the catering industry we are looking for qualified and passionated candidates to fill several number of catering positions. Our clients are quality hotels and restaurants in The Netherlands and Belgium.
We have several openings for the position of Chef de Partie.
- Responsible for directing, supervising and assisting in the preparation of all food in the assigned partie in the kitchen in accordance with the established company menus and recipes.
- Directly responsible for implementing and executing food handling and cleaning procedures in accordance with HACCP standards in the assigned partie in the kitchen organization as outlined in the Safe Food Handling Manual and cleaning specifications per partie.
- Responsible for quality, quantity, attractiveness and correctness of all food items served from the partie as per company's standard recipes.
- Directs, supervises, assists and trains all employees assigned to the partie.
- Responsible for the performance, appearance, dress and personal conduct of all employees assigned to his partie. Reports on these subjects objectively and timely to his Sous Chef.
- Controls actual hours worked of the employees assigned to the partie and reports any discrepancies between these and the published work schedules to Sous Chef supervising his partie.
- Responsible for checking that quantity and quality of items ordered from stores are received and stored in proper condition and thereafter used in the correct way.
- Prepares a daily work plan for all employees assigned to his partie in accordance with the planned menu and recipes for the day.
- Responsible to implement and execute proper maintenance and cleaning procedures in the partie assigned to him in order to ensure good appearance and condition of these areas. And inspects the cleaning procedures and cleanliness of work area and equipment done by all personnel in his assigned partie.
- Reports any malfunctioning equipment or furnishings in need of repair or refurbishing to the Executive Sous Chef supervising his partie.
- Maintains a high level of productivity, cleanliness and sanitation throughout the entire partie.
- Responsible for ensuring that proper work and cleaning methods are being followed in order to produce and serve safe, wholesome, high quality and attractive food for passengers and crew.
- Responsible for the proper use of equipment and utensils to prevent damage or undue maintenance requirements.
- Works closely and cooperates with superiors, colleagues and subordinates in order to achieve the highest possible passenger satisfaction from the products served.
- Assigns all cleaning responsibilities within his partie according to the cleaning schedule and delivers a written report to the Head Chef or Sous Chef regarding any problems which have occurred. If partie has GPA personnel assigned, he is responsible for his performance.
- Identifies and assigns in writing all cleaning responsibilities within his assigned area for approval by the Head Chef. Follows the detailed cleaning list.
- Prepares a daily requisition for Head Chef for all items ordered from stores for use in his partie.
Candidate skills & attributes
- Required: 3+ years’ experience in a 4/5 star + hotel, cruise ship or high-profile restaurant performing the functions of a similar position.
- Required: 2+ year experience in a supervisory position preferably in a multi-nationality setting with a proven ability to provide orientation and training.
- Required: Proven ability to provide culinary supervision, training and delegation of at least 5 culinary subordinates.
- Required: Experience in high volume operation.
- Required: Certification from accredited advanced food safety program.
- Required: Extensive kitchen machinery and knife safety knowledge.
- Required: Experience working in all major culinary brigade stations with extensive knowledge in designated station.
- Required: Ability to effectively read, write and speak English.
- Preferred: Ability to effectively read, write and speak Dutch.
- Preferred: Degree from accredited culinary college or university.
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.
The salary and benefits are determined through the leading barging agreement of the catering industry.
About Protea Maritime Connection and our clients
About Protea Maritime Connection Protea Maritime Connection primarily connects nautical and shore-based professionals to the international maritime industry by means of Recruitment, Secondment, Management Consulting and crew management issues. We specialise in the International Dredging Industry and related service sectors, the Offshore Energy industry, and the Civil Construction industry. Established to meet international demand in 2012, we take pride in Protea Maritime Connection’s unblemished record. We attribute this success to the dedication and professionalism of the members of our Protea Team who have been involved in the Maritime Industry for over 17 years. A positive result of our team effort has been the establishment a Trade Agency in Cape Town, South Africa, which gives us direct access to a market of highly skilled professionals. Our collective enthusiasm across a global network ensures immediate and professional response in all we do. We strive to do our utmost to establish reliable, long-term relationships by providing quality service to both client and candidate.
Because of the increasing demand on specific land-based positions in The Netherlands we are offering our clients personnel solutions for these vacancies.
Job added by Protea Maritime Connection BV