Marquette Transportation Company
Ray Eckstein founded what is now the River Division of Marquette Transportation Company, LLC in 1978. Throughout the years we joined forces with two other family-owned businesses, Eckstein Marine Services and HLC Tugs, to add our Gulf-Inland and Offshore divisions, respectively. Each of our divisions has grown over the years, surviving grain embargoes, fluctuating fuel costs, and other challenges that led us to adapt, innovate, and prosper.
Marquette has three operations, with a strategic mix of vessels powered with the latest marine technology and equipment to ensure safe, reliable, on-time service. Founded in 1978, our River unit now offers a fleet of more than 50 line haul vessels and 800+ dry cargo barges. In 2007, we added our Gulf-Inland unit (formerly Eckstein Marine) and our Offshore unit (formerly HLC Tugs) to create a seamless transportation experience for our customers.
Marquette At A Glance
- We're one of the nation’s largest marine transportation services.
- We own 800+ barges that are available to lease to our customers.
- Our vessels are equipped with the industry’s most advanced navigational, communications, and safety equipment.
- We transport over 40 million bushels of grain each month.
Marquette Transportation Company is one of the nation’s largest providers of marine transportation services, having combined three leading family-owned businesses under one banner. Unlike most integrated barge lines, we offer a strategic mix of vessels along many waterways including:
- Mississippi River
- Ohio River
- Illinois River
- Tennessee River
- Cumberland River
- Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway
- Arkansas River
- Intracoastal Waterway (Brownsville, TX to St. Marks, FL)
- Eastern Seaboard
- Gulf of Mexico
- Central America
We are always looking for adventurous, well-qualified individuals who are interested in working in the marine industry. If you think maritime employment may be right for you, visit the open job descriptions below to learn more about what you'll be doing.
- Captain - River/Gulf-Inland/Offshore
- Deckhand - River/Gulf-Inland/Offshore
- Cook - River
- Tankerman - Gulf-Inland
- Trip Pilot - River/Gulf-Inland
- Engineer - River
- VP of Engineering - Paducah, KY. Engineering Department
- Logistics Manager - Larose/Harahan, LA. Sales/Logistics
- Claims Assistant - Paducah, KY. Claims Dept.
Job added by Marquette Transportation Company